Monday, June 18, 2007

'Mungaru Male' song for Non-Kannadigas

One of the beautiful song of the 'Mungaru Male' movie in English...
Here it goes...

Ivanu geleyanalla,gelathi nanu modale alla,
ivanu iniyanalla,thumba saniha bandihanalla,
novinallu naguthihanalla, yake ithara
jana manave kelu jara beda ivana kadege
yake ninage sallada salige
irali anthara

He isn't my friend, neither am i
He isn't my honey, then why has he come so close
He looks gracious, though in pain, why are things this way?
Oh 'myself', listen. Don't slip towards him
I have adored you enough. Now stay away.

He isn't my friend, neither am i

Olava hadiyalli ivanu nanage hoovo mullo
manada kadalinalli ivanu aleya bhikara suliyo
ariyadantha hosa kampanavo yako kanenu
aritha maretha jeeva valadanthe ivana kadege
soladanthe kaye manave
ulisu nannanuooo

Roses or thorns, he has been in my journey
A tender wavelet or a powerful tide
It's a new pulse, which i din't knew, why are things this way?
Oh my 'soul', listen. Don't get pursuaded
Defeat me not my senses. Save me though.

He isn't my friend, neither am i

Thilidu thilidu ivanu thana thane suduthihanalla
olume emba sulige eju barade ilidihanalla
savinallu naguvuda balla enu kalamala
muluguvavana koogu chachuvanthe madide kaiya
jaribiduvude e hrudaya eno talamala..
Ivanu iniyanalla,thumba saniha bandihanalla

Why has he set fire on himself
Why is he jumping into the whirlpool, though he can't swim
why is he mocking death. Is he in his senses?
Oh drowner. Your cry has made me stretch my hands
I am afraid, will i be in your arms

He isn't my friend, neither am i

Movie: Mungaru Male
Lyricist: Jayanth Kaykini
Singer: Shreya Goshal
Translated by : Thimma (Thamsified)

10 comments:

Vinay said...

Very Good!

The translation is perfect!

Sudhir India Panda said...

Hello,

I need a word to word translation, not meaning traslation, can you help me? I can understand 20-30% of Kannada, so i want to interpret the meaning myself.

its my all time favorite song, so i need to know. I am in Delhi, so there are no kannadiga i can really talk to. please help me. i found your post today by chance, was overjoyed to see the translation, but its the maning translation not the exact words.

Anonymous said...

"Olava hadiyalli ivanu nanage hoovo mullo" means - In the journey of love, is he a flower to me or is he a thorn?

signifying that He has become so close to her that she is uncertain whether they will remain like this (flower) or get separated (and he becomes the thorn then).. Please correct!

Anonymous said...

Ivanu geleyanalla - He is not a friend
Gelati naanu modale alla - I'm not his friend in the first place
Ivanu iniyanalla - He's not a loved one
Tumba saniha bandihanalla - (but) he has come so close (to me)
Novinalloo nagutihanalla - In pain also he's smiling
Yaake ee thara? - why is it like this?

Anonymous said...

Olava - (of) love
Hadiyalli - in the path
Ivanu - he
nanage - to me
Hoovo - is a flower?
mullo - (or) a thorn?

Manada - of the mind
Kadalinalli - in the shore
ivanu - he
aleyo - small wave?
bheekara - (or) scary
suliyo - whirlpool?
yaako - (hindi analogue to na jaane kyon)
Kaanenu - I cant see
Arito - by knowing
mareto - by forgetting
Jeeva - life
Vaaladante - prevent inclining
Ivana - his
kadege - towards (him)
Soladante - prevent losing
kaaye - watch over (me)
Manave - Mind (addressing)
Ulisu - Save
Nannanu - me ( Hindi - mujhko)

Anonymous said...

Tilidu tilidu - Inspite of knowing
Ivanu - he
Tanna taane - himself (apne aap ko)
Sudutihanalla - he's burning
Olume - love
Emba - (naam ke)
Sulige - into the whirlpool
eeju - swimming
barade - without knowing
ilidihanalla - he has got into one
Saavinalloo - even in death
Naguvuda - to laugh
Balla - he knows
Yenu - what
Kalavala - discomfort / hulchul
Muluguvavana - of the one who is drowning (doobne wale ki)
Koogu - cry/shout
Chaachuvante - to extend
maadide - it has made
kaiyya - My hands (haath ko)
Jaari biduvudu - phisal jaayega
Ee hrudaya - This heart
Yeno talamala - some anxiety

Anonymous said...

I myself wanted such a help! So this is for @Sudhir India Panda

ravi said...

great work friends I am Ravi from Telangana worked in Banglore from 2006 to 2010, I can understand 30 % kanada I love this song very touching [with the movie] with out knowing the meaning I listen this song 100s of times try to get the meaning but finally got today while googling thanks to all all of u buddys

Unknown said...

Hello Thimma,

Can u please translate the song "Nana Male Naneega Anumana Shuru Agide" from the movie "kannadagi ondu otti" and wats up to me @9035198731 please

Thanks in advance for this help

Unknown said...

Super translation